Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Spiritual hunger 3

“But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.” Hebrews 5:14

Spiritual maturity is a product of satisfying spiritual hunger. The bible states clearly that no one can survive on the physical food alone, but by the word that comes from God. It is not wrong to crave the milk of the word, but there will be a time when the milk will no longer satisfy. At this time, solid food or strong meat is needed. The evidence of growth is the ability to discern and to make a sound judgement. This is where you need solid food for instruction, direction, and correction. You should have known that the only way to deal with Christian challenges and to make it to the end is to be hungry for more of God.

 “Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.” Matthew 13:52

“Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:” Exodus 19:5

Beloved, what separates us from the rest of the world and makes us a peculiar treasure unto God is our access to God’s voice and positive response to Him. The same thing will help us to have the right response to all issues, new or old, peace or war. The only way to see the reality of this is to have a genuine hunger for spiritual matters. Desire the solid word. Do not resist correction or rebuke. Sincerely desire more of God in your life.

Prayer for today: Oh God, I am hungry for more of you, fill me in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: