Monday, August 24, 2020

Try again

 “And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the Lord hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.” Genesis 26:22

It is possible to experience failure for a season, but success will surely come if you are willing to try again. Most people will not achieve success in the first attempt. There are multiple reasons behind this, but I want to talk about the opposing forces. The way to beat the opposition is to try until you achieve success. You know if you will want to go up you will need to overcome the force of gravity. Be prepared for many attempts.  Be prepared also to grow and learn from failed attempts if you want to succeed.

“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9

“And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed. And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.” 2 Kings 13:18-19

Isaac was in the land God has planted him. He planted as God commanded and prospered. The native of the land began to envy him. Then he decided to venture into digging wells. There was contention, but he kept on trying. The opposition eventually gave up. Success is like wrestling with Gorilla, you don't quit when you are tired, you quit when the Gorilla is tired. Even if there are demonic forces against you, if you do not stop trying, you will achieve success. I see you succeeding this week in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God arise, change my failure story to a success story in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: