Saturday, April 15, 2023

What do you seek?

 “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” Matthew 7:7-8

There are three universal laws spoken by our Lord Jesus Christ in our text this morning, but I want to emphasize one of them: Everyone who seeks, finds. Whether consciously or unconsciously, everyone is seeking something. What is in your life today is evidence of what you sought yesterday. I want you to consciously seek God today. If you seek God, you will find Him. If you find God, you will find everything else.

“And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33

Please read the account of the conversation between our Lord Jesus Christ and the Samaritan woman in John 4. The woman sought the water that she would drink and be thirsty again. However, Jesus offered her living water. This water shall become a well of water springing up into everlasting life in the life of the person who received it. This is the life of a man who has received a word from the Lord and is full of His Spirit. Beloved, prioritize the word of God in your life and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. This is an indicator of seeking God. And you can be assured that you will surely find him.

May you encounter the living God in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, reveal yourself to me in a dimension I have never known before, in Jesus' name.    

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: