Friday, April 7, 2023

The last word

“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.” John 19:30

Jesus spoke seven words on the cross of Calvary, which have significant meanings and interpretations, but I want to briefly say something about the last word: It is finished. You will notice that Jesus received the vinegar and then declared that it was finished before giving up the ghost. The Lord dealt the last blow on all the troubles we would go through in life before giving up the ghost on the cross of Calvary. The vinegar, He received stands for our troubles, our challenges, and the attacks that the enemy would bring to us. But beloved, I am happy to tell you that Jesus received and swallowed them, then declared it was finished, so that you and I can be sure that no matter what we go through, our victory was determined over 2000 years ago.

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4

Beloved, I don’t care to know what you are presently going through, but I care to announce to you that you will come out victorious because of what Jesus did and said last before dying on the cross of Calvary. Don’t give up, keep pushing, your victory is sure.

May you experience victory in every area of your life in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: I claim the finished work of Christ in my life, in Jesus name. 

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: