Thursday, April 20, 2023

I am grateful, Oh Lord

 “What shall I render to the Lord. For all His benefits toward me? I will take up the cup of salvation,

And call upon the name of the Lord.” Psalm 116:12-13

 As I celebrate my birthday today, the word “gratitude” keeps ringing in my heart, more so because we receive daily benefits from the Lord. The benefits of being alive, the benefits of provision, security, and protection, and more importantly, the benefits that we enjoy because we are in covenant with God. God is saying to us that we should not wait for any special day to express our gratitude to Him. We must be grateful each and every day.

“Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation! Selah.” Psalms 68:19

“Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul,

And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,” Psalms 103:1-3

Gratitude is expressed through thanksgiving, praise, and worship. These are keys to accessing God (Psalm 100). They are keys to engaging God in our battles (2 Chronicles 20, Psalm 149, Acts 16:25-26). They position us to receive more blessings from God. Let your thanksgiving be longer than asking. Whether you feel like it or not, no matter what you are going through, be grateful.

May your heart be full of God’s praise in Jesus' name.

 Prayer for today: Oh God, I am grateful in Jesus' name.    

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: