Thursday, April 6, 2023

Jesus our Passover lamb

 “Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.” 1 Corinthians 5: 7-8

Yesterday, I spoke about Jesus being our sacrificial lamb. Today I want to talk about Jesus being our Passover lamb. However, when we talk about the lamb, we should also talk about the feast. The Passover is not complete without the feast. The lamb was killed, and its blood was put on the upper doorpost of the house. The lamb was then roasted as part of the feast. The feast is made up of roasted meat, unleavened bread, and the bitter herb. The feast of the unleavened bread is a call to all Christians to a life of sincerity and truth. We must all forsake malice and wickedness and be sincere and truthful in all our dealings.

“And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the Lord's passover. For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.” Exodus 12:11-12

“He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.” Isaiah 53:7

Now, the Passover itself is both our deliverance and our redemption. It is also our divine exception from the judgement that will come upon this world. Jesus did not only take on the position of our sin as the sacrificial lamb. He also became our ransom as our Passover lamb. You and I can no longer be afflicted by either the firstborn of Egypt or the gods of Egypt.

May you claim your deliverance in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: In Jesus name, the bondage and the sin of Egypt are dead in my life. 

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: