Sunday, April 9, 2023

Enforce the finished work

  “Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:” Colossians 2:20 (NIV)

Nothing pleases the devil more than for a child of God to still live in sin, sickness, poverty, curses, and evil covenants. These issues were dealt with on the cross. The devil knows that it was finished on the cross. When a child of God fails to enforce the finished work of the cross, Satan rejoices. He knows that such a Christian is making the work of the cross to be of no effect. Beloved, Jesus set you free on the cross, you cannot be bound. Enforce the victory given to you at the cross by believing and declaring it until you see results that are commensurate with the finished work of the cross.

“For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:17-18

“We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;” 2 Corinthians 4:13

Satan will not just work away, he will want to know first, if you really understand your position in Christ and, secondly, if you can appropriate the finished work on the cross. He will throw all manner of things against you. But you must be bold and reject whatever is not part of the covenant in your life. Reject sin, affliction, sickness, poverty, retrogression, curses, demonic covenants, and such things as that. God is happy to see the victorious saint putting the devil where he belongs.

Jesus set you free on the cross of Calvary; you cannot be bound in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: I enforce the victory Jesus purchased for me in every area of my life in Jesus name. 

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: