Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Vicarious liability

 “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” Isaiah 53: 4-5

It is the holy week, and the weekend is the celebration of the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. This means I will have to suspend the series on Biblical success for five days. One of the themes for this weekend is vicarious liability: He who was without sin received the punishment for our sin. For all Christians, this is our song, “The sorrowful death we would have died, the punishment for sin we would have received; Jesus had carried them all away. Thank you, Jesus; you received the punishment for our sake.”

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8

Jesus took the place of our sin so that we could take the place of His righteousness. You cannot behave the way the world is behaving if you have received what the world has not received. His death was not only to deal with our punishment for sin, but also to give us the grace to live a righteous life. The hold of sin and death over our lives is broken.

May His death not be in vain in our lives in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: I receive the benefits of Jesus death in my life and destiny in Jesus' name. 

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: