Saturday, April 8, 2023

The cross of Jesus Christ

  “For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 1:17-18

The cross of Jesus Christ is the defeat of the power of hell and death. The resurrection of Jesus is the release of power (Rev 1:128). The cross was the greatest mistake of the kingdom of darkness and the mystery of victory for all believers. When Jesus died on the cross, every believer died with Him. When He was buried, we were buried with Him. And when he resurrected, we resurrected with Him. The newness of life is not possible without the cross of Christ and His resurrection. If you catch this revelation, there is nothing the devil did against you that you cannot undo.

“Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:” Romans 6:4-5

 “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” Matthew 16:24

Beloved, the cross also gives us responsibility. A responsibility to discipline ourselves, carry our cross, and follow Jesus. He said if we follow Him, He will make us fishers of men (Matthew 4:19). You cannot follow Jesus and the world at the same time. He also said that His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:28–30). The discipline to follow Christ is the pathway to realizing in our lives the finished work on the cross.

 May you follow Jesus with all your heart in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, do not let the death of Christ be in vain in my life, in Jesus name. 

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: