Saturday, May 23, 2020

Seven secrets of David (7)


“And David said unto Michal, It was before the Lord, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel: therefore will I play before the Lord.”

2 Samuel 6:21

David knew how to thank, praise, and worship God. He knew how to gain access into the presence of God using praise and thanksgiving. He recognized God as his lifter and the one who gave him the throne. His attitude towards God was not that of a complainant and a murmurer but that of a worshipper. Even when he was young and alone in the forest with the sheep of his father, he was always playing his harp to appreciate God therefore, God found him and blessed him.

“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.” Psalm 100:4
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Beloved, always be grateful and give God praise. You may not be where you want to be but you are definitely not where you used to be. The fact that you are alive is a blessing from God and it is an indication that you can still receive what you are longing for. Be thankful and be praiseful.

May God find you and bless you in Jesus name.
Prayer for today: Oh God, I am very grateful for all that you have done for me in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: