Saturday, May 23, 2020

Building your house on the rock 1


“Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.” Mathew 16:17-18

It is important to build your house on the rock. This is because if you do, you become unshakeable and immovable when the storm of life is raging and the gate of hell is roaring. Someone said tough time never last but tough people do. The real tough people are the people who had built their houses on the rock. The storms of life will come and go, yet they will be standing.

“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Psalms 1:1-3

The Bible explains to us how to build our houses on the rock: by simply hearing the word of God and obeying its instructions. The implication of this is that what you are hearing is very important. It can determine whether you will make it or not. Also, the source of what you are hearing is important, the source can be either from flesh and blood or from the Father in heaven. Lastly, if you are a hearer and not a doer, what you have heard will not profit you.  May you hear God today and believe Him for your situation in Jesus name.

I see you standing victoriously in all situations in Jesus name.
Prayer for today: Oh God let me be hungry daily for your word in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.


No comments: