Monday, May 18, 2020

Seven secrets of David (3)


“And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:  And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.” 1 Samuel 17:34-35


David was committed in “little things” even when there was no sign that he would be rewarded. This was his third secret. He was a good shepherd of the little flock that his father committed to his hands. He was willing to die for them. Jesus said in John 10:11, “I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.” Solomon said in Ecc 9:10, “Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with your might” When a lion and a bear came, he went after them despite the fact that he was young and only one lamb was taken. He was committed in the little things so God found him qualified to lead His people.

“I have found My servant David; With My holy oil I have anointed him,” Psalm 89:20
“Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the Lord is with him.” 1 Samuel 16:18

Beloved, put in your best in whatever you have been assigned to do or you have found to do. Whether people are watching or not, whether your boss is there or not. The reward of faithfulness cannot be lost. Your reward is coming. Note that it was not only God who found David, a King’s servant also found him. David lived in the bush, but he still played his harp excitedly and diligently to the extent that someone saw him and recommended him to the king.

May God reward you bountifully for your faithfulness in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God give me the grace to be diligent and committed to whatever I do in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: