Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Seven secrets of David (5)


“And David enquired of the Lord, saying, Shall I go up to the Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the Lord said unto David, Go up: for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into thine hand.” 2 Samuel 5:19


David always sought direction from God. David never lost any battle. He never fought two battles with the same strategy because he would always ask God how to handle the battles. Remember that in 1 Samuel 30, when the Amalekites raided his camp and took away everything, David sought the face of the Lord.

“Then David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech’s son, “Please bring the ephod here to me.” And Abiathar brought the ephod to David. So David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.”” 1 Samuel 30:7
“And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” Isaiah 30:21

Beloved, the greatest breakthrough a Child of God can have is to have direction from God. When you hear God and you do it, victory is guaranteed. A lot of people are wanderers in the field of life because they lack direction for their lives. Learn to fellowship with God and also listen to Him to give you a word or instruction for your life.

May you have access to instructions from God all the days of your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh Go, lead me in the way I should go in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: