Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Building your house on the rock 4


“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32


Yesterday I spoke about time as an important factor in building your house on the rock. Let us talk about information or revelation as another important factor that you need at all times. When you are adequately informed, you are building your house on the rock. You must be aggressive for information if you want to be standing when storms of life come. And as a Christian, you must be hearing from God. You must have revelation.

“And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matthew 16:17-18
“Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.” 1 Corinthians 16:13

You get information from men. You get a revelation from God. However, God can also send revelation to you through men. Revelation is always the truth. Information can be perverted. When you have access to the truth and live by it, you are building your house on the rock. When you have access to the word of God, you are able to deal wisely in all affairs of life. Your house will be standing on a rock and will remain unshakable in the time of storm.  May you have access to the truth always. May you find yourself among men who know what you need to know in Jesus name.
Prayer for today: Oh God, grant me access to your truth at all times in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: