Sunday, May 17, 2020

Seven secrets of David (2)


“So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah.” 1 Samuel 16:13


The second secret of David is that he was anointed. His humble and grateful heart positioned him for the anointing in the midst of his brethren. The anointing is an empowerment to make things happen. The anointing is needed to defeat Goliath and take territories. David won all the battles he fought because he was anointed. The only battle he lost was the one he didn’t need the anointing to fight (2 Samuel 11).

“I have found My servant David; With My holy oil I have anointed him,” Psalm 89:20
“It shall come to pass in that day That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder, And his yoke from your neck, And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.” Isaiah 10:27

May God find you the way He found David and anoint you. You cannot be anointed and be defeated. You cannot be anointed and still carry the yoke and the burden of the Assyrians. He permitted no one to do them wrong; Yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes, Saying, “Do not touch My anointed ones, And do My prophets no harm. Jesus told the disciples to tarry in Jerusalem until they are anointed. Today, believers are anointed by the presence of the Holy Spirit on them and in them. Beloved, spend time with God, and be anointed.

May God’s power be at work in you and through you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God anoint me with the Holy Ghost and with power in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: