Friday, February 14, 2020

Power of Love


“And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.” 1 Corinthians 13:13


Where there is love, there is hope and there is faith. That is why love is greater than hope and faith. The greatest need of the world today is true love.  At the center of this true love is God. God Himself is love (1 John 4:8) and His commandments are about love (Mat 22:37-39). You cannot love God and hate your neighbor. You cannot love without giving. You cannot truly love without sacrifice. The true evidence that you know God is that you walk in love.

 “I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women.” 2 Samuel 1:26
“No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.” Matthew 6:24

Beloved, love is not sex neither is love money. In fact, both sex and money have deprived this world of true love, which is God Himself. The only way to conquer evil, poverty, sickness, war is through agape love, that is, the selfless and unconditional love. The closest description of this is 1 Samuel 18:4 that says, “Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.” Read 1 Corinthians 13. As the world is celebrating valentine today, it is important for us to know that the greatest love that can happen to the world today is God Himself. This is only through Jesus Christ.

May you be an expression of love and may you find the love you need in every area of your life in Jesus name.
I truly love you.
Prayer point: Oh God, let your love swallow this wild world in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: