Friday, February 7, 2020

Implications of Victorious Christian life 2

“In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” John 7:37-38

The second implication of victorious Christian life is overflowing life. The Holy Spirit powers victorious Christian life. Every Christian must have the fullness of the Spirit in order to be a channel of blessing to himself and the people around him. We must continually thirst and long for Him to fully dwell in us so that His life can flow through us.

 “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.” Psalms 42:1
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

The indwelling Spirit of God in us enables us to possess the gifts of the Holy Spirit and to bear His fruits. These are the evidence of an overflowing life through whom others can contact God in us. The overflowing life is not flesh driven, but spirit-driven leading to supernatural results. It is God’s kind of life. Therefore, we must continually yield to the Holy Spirit in order to live this kind of life.

May you experience the overflowing life wherever you are in Jesus name.

Prayer point: Holy Spirit, possess and anoint me for your life to flow through me in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: