Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Implications of Victorious Christian life 7

“But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.” 1 John 2:5

The seventh implication of victorious Christian life that I will like to share with you is a “loving” life. This is a life of true love, which is God’s kind of love (Agape). It is a product of responding to God’s words and instructions in a positive way. This results in loving God with our hearts and loving our neighbors as ourselves.

 “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..” Matthew 22:37-39
“If ye love me, keep my commandments.” John 14:15

True love is not lust (Eros). True love is manifested in and around you because of God’s dwelling in you and you are in Him. It is a product of victorious Christian life. A loving life is not a life of deception, but a life inspired by God and His word. It is not a life of selfishness, but a life sold out to the good of others. This kind of life is not possible without God in our lives (1 John 4:8). Please read the story of Ammon and Tamar in 2 Samuel 13. This kind of life will result in both your goodness and the goodness of others and will never bring hurt and defeats.

May God’s kind of love be found in your heart at all times in Jesus name.

Prayer point: Oh God fill me with your love and let my life be full of your goodness in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: