Saturday, September 17, 2022

Winning in the unseen realms 6

 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.” 1 Corinthians 16:13

The phrase, “quit you like men,” appears twice in the bible. First in 1 Samuel 4:9 and then in 1 Corinthians 16:13. Both scriptures are saying, fight like a strong man, don’t quit. There is an adage that says, “Winners don’t quit, quitters don’t win!” The statement is scripturally true. No matter what is up against you, don’t quit, but renew your strength in the Lord. Demons get tired (Matthew 12:43) but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength (Isaiah 40:31).

“Be strong and quit yourselves like men, O ye Philistines, that ye be not servants unto the Hebrews, as they have been to you: quit yourselves like men, and fight.” 1 Samuel 4:9

“If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?” Jeremiah 12:5

Men in their own strength may give up and fail. Men backed up by satan will fail (1 Kings 18). Even men with strength like lions can fail (Psalm 34:10). Those who draw their strength from the God of heaven and earth can never fail (Psalm 125). In trying times, don’t run from God, stay with God. Trust Him, keep the covenant, spend time with Him, and obey Him at all costs.

You shall surely win in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, renew my strength in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: