Friday, September 9, 2022

The Prayer of Jabez 5

 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou ….. that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.” 1 Chronicles 4:10

The fifth prayer request of Jabez was that he should not experience grief. Grief is an indication of sorrow. His name actually means sorrow, but he asked God to take his sorrow away. And God heard him. I decree no more sorrow in your life. Whatever has brought grief into your life shall end in Jesus name.  God shall turn your captivity and fill your mouth with laughter. The joy of the Lord shall fill your heart and renew your strength. The only enemy of your joy is satan (John 10:10). He is the source of our grief. But Jesus came to destroy his work (1 John 3:8). As you pray to God, may the source of your grief dry up in Jesus name.

“When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.” Psalms 126:1-2

“Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:11

You only need to get through to God in prayer to secure a change of story, just as Jabez did. I believe we are better positioned in the covenant than Jabez to receive a change of story in prayers. If we are confident, persistent, and full of expectations, we cannot be denied. I encourage you to turn your face to God and demand an end to your grief and sorrow.

May your life be free from grief in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let sorrow be far from me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: