Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Prayer of Jabez 4

 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou ….. and that thou wouldest keep me from evil,, …….” 1 Chronicles 4:10

The fourth prayer request of Jabez was that God should keep him from evil. The Lord Jesus taught us to pray in Matthew 6:13, “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” Evil is poverty, failure, infirmities, affliction, yoke, bondage, and such.  Jabez asked God to keep him from evil and any form of its manifestation. He had seen enough of it. The good news was that God heard him. May the Lord keep you from all evil in Jesus name.

“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” Matthew 6:13

“The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.” Psalms 34:22

Jabez prayed this prayer under the old covenant, and God heard him. How much more for those of us under the new and better covenant sealed with the blood of Jesus. Our redemption has taken care of all evil that comes as a result of the evil covenants and curses that were against us (Galatians 3:13-14; Colossians 2:14-15). Never permit what God is not permitting in your life. Poverty, sickness, retrogression, failure at the edge of a breakthrough, and such must be rejected in the name of Jesus.

May you experience the power of deliverance from all forms of evil in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, keep me from evil in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: