Monday, September 26, 2022

How you hear matters

 “Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.” Luke 8:18

Jesus said whoever has, to him shall be given more; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him. This sounds so unfair. Life, indeed, is not fair, but how you hear can make a difference. How you hear can put you either on the positive side of life or on the negative side. How you hear or receive information can make or mar you. How you hear can either breed faith or fear in you. If you can hear correctly, you can influence life in your favor.

“Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:” James 1:19

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17

Rahab said to the spies in Joshua 2:11, “And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you....” Don’t allow any information to create fear in you. Take positive, fearless, and faithful actions based on the information, but don’t let fear grip you. Most importantly, be swift to hear faith-building, spirit-strengthening words. This is what you need to be on the winning side of life. If you give yourself to hearing God's word, you cannot be on the wrong side of life.

May you hear correctly in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, open my ears to hear you in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: