Sunday, September 4, 2022

Don’t be powerless

 “The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.” Psalm 110:2-3

As Christians, we must rule in the midst of our enemies, and that takes power. The table is set before us in the midst of the enemy; if we must eat, we need power. Scorpions and serpents surround us; if we won’t get hurt, we need power. We are in the midst of devils; if we are not going to be afflicted with sickness, diseases, and poverty, we need power. The land promised to us by our God is not vacant; if we must take possession of it, we need power. It takes power to be a witness for Jesus and recover everything the enemy stole. Please don’t be powerless.

“Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.” Luke 9:1

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19

When Jesus was here physically, He had to give His disciples the power to carry out the assignment He gave to them. When He left physically, He transferred the release of power to the Holy Spirit. He told them that they would receive power when the Holy Spirit came upon them. This means we must connect to the Holy Spirit if we do not want to be powerless.

May you be full of the Holy Spirit and power in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, anoint me with the Holy Spirit and power in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: