Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Abraham blessings 4

 “And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.” Genesis 22:16-18

The third major blessing Abraham encountered was when he offered Isaac as a sacrifice.  This is the blessing that declared his multiplication, dominion over the enemy, and made him the source of blessings for all generations after him. This was provoked by both obedience and sacrifice. Beloved, if you want what Abraham had, be obedient and be sacrificial.

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” Romans 12:1

“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.” Psalms 51:17

If you really desire Abraham’s blessings, you must give yourself totally unto God. God wants a whole you. Cease from your own wisdom. Seek God and obey Him at all costs. This is the secret of the blessing and the answer to all life’s challenges.

Be blessed in every way in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let Your blessings rest upon me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: