Monday, November 8, 2021

Abraham blessings 3

 “And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.” Genesis 14:18

The second major blessing Abraham encountered was when he met Melchizedek, the Priest and the King of Salem.  This encounter was after he had fought and defeated the five kings that raided Sodom and Gomorrah. Why did the Priest bring bread and wine? Why would he need to be blessed after he had won? Why did he pay a tithe of all? The encounter was an order of worship where the Priest’s duty is to impart knowledge, encourage and bless; and the worshipers must receive the blessings and give their tithes as part of the worship.

“And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.” Genesis 14:19-20

“The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.” Number 6:24-26

This may be an Old Testament order, but it is relevant today because our redemption connects us to the blessing of Abraham (Galatians 3:13-14). If Abraham won his battles, you shall win your battles. If Abraham was blessed and encouraged by a Priest, you need to have a Priest over your head who is blessing and feeding you. If Abraham paid the tithe of all, you should do likewise.

Who is your Pastor? Who is blessing you?

Abraham’s blessings are yours in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: I receive the blessing in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: