Sunday, November 7, 2021

Abraham blessings 2

“Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.” Isaiah 51:2

The first major blessing Abraham encountered was when God called him in Genesis 12. God called him alone, blessed him, and increased him. This separated him from the cursed foundation. He did not have to do anything to merit the call, but he had to respond in obedience to receive the blessings. This is similar to our salvation experience, only those who respond positively to the call receive the blessings.

“So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; …...” Genesis 12:4

“By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.” Hebrews 11:8

Abraham's blessings have been made available today, even for gentiles who came into Christ by faith. Galatians 3:13-14 says, ”Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” Your redemption positions you to walk in blessings and not in curses.

You shall walk in the blessings in every area of your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: I invoke and enforce Galatian 3:13-14 in my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.


No comments: