Saturday, November 6, 2021

Abraham blessings 1

 “Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.” Isaiah 51:2

The story of Abraham started in Genesis 11:26 from where his detailed family background was given until he heard God in Genesis 12.  The family was not only idolatry, but was confronted by untimely death, failure at the edge of breakthrough, and barrenness.  Haran died before his father, Terah; Terah died without arriving at Canaan, and Sarah was barren. However, God called Abraham and blessed him, and his story changed. May God bless you and change your story in Jesus name.

“Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” Genesis 12:1-3

“And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.” Genesis 22:16-18

Abraham encountered three major blessings. The first was when God called him in Genesis 12. The second was when Melchizedek blessed him and he paid the tithe of all in Genesis 14. The third was when he offered Isaac, and God swore to him by His name and blessed him. We shall look into each of the blessings in the next three days.

May you experience the blessings of Abraham in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, separate me from the curse of my father’s house and bless me indeed in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: