Friday, February 19, 2021

Understanding righteousness

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21

To be righteous is to be in right standing with God. That itself is not the product of our efforts or good works. It comes as a gift and as a product of our faith in Christ Jesus. However, when the gift is received, it should produce the fruit of good work. You cannot claim to have received this gift and still live in your old ways that are against God and His words. Also receiving the gift is not a liberty to sin but empowerment to live like God on earth.

“But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:” Romans 5:21-22

“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Isaiah 64:6

We ourselves are counted unclean before God. Our best of righteousness is not acceptable before God. But God has made the provision through Christ Jesus. Jesus was without sin but He took upon Himself our load of sin, so that we can take upon ourselves His place of righteousness. We receive an abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17). Two sets of people are in danger of God’s judgement. The first are the people who rejected Christ. The second are the people who took the gift of righteousness in vain. May the gift of righteousness produce the fruit in your life in Jesus name.

Prayer point: I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: