Monday, February 22, 2021

Benefits of righteousness 3

“For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.” Psalms 12:5

Another benefit of being the righteousness of God is that we are surrounded by favor as with a shield. This is God’s way of ensuring that His people enjoy the help, mercy, and blessings of all men. The world is at enmity with God, yet it is compelled to favor us as the righteousness of God. This is the reason why you don’t need to compromise your stand for God in this dark world. If your way pleases the Lord, even your enemy will be compelled to be at peace with you and to favor you.

“When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.” Proverbs 16:7

“Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” Matthew 10:16

We are strangers in the world on our way to our eternal home with God, yet we must occupy for the Lord. We are like Joseph in the land of Egypt and like Daniel in the land of Babylon. As we take our stand as the righteousness of God, He causes all men to favor us so that we can successfully execute the assignment He has given us. How can we survive as sheep among wolves unless we enjoy His wisdom and favor in our lives?

May you enjoy His favor always in Jesus name.

Prayer point: Oh God, surround me with favor as a shield in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: