Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Praying correctly 3

“And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.” Luke 11:1

Jesus taught a pattern of prayer and lived a lifestyle of consistent prayer. The disciple wanted to know how to pray and they asked Him for instruction. I think we should all learn from the Son of Man who received answers to all His prayers. The only time He struggled in prayer was when it had to do with the will of God that was not easy. He won in that situation too by submitting to the will of God. Jesus concluded the teaching by giving the disciples the assurance that God is a giver of good things and He will answer their prayers.

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.” Matthew 6:9

“If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?” Luke 11:13

I believe that Jesus’ pattern of prayers covers all aspects of our needs. Beloved always approach God with a heart of reverence and gratitude. He cares about your need for bread. He wants to deliver you from all temptations and evil too. And most importantly we can enforce the will of God on earth as it is in heaven through prayers. Many things that are happening around us are not His will because someone is not praying correctly. Jesus also revealed one of the most hindrances to prayer which is un-forgiveness.

 I decree that the will of God shall be done in your life and through your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God answer be today and let my joy be full in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: