Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The Abraham kind of faith


“He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;  And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.” Romans 4:20-21


Can you remember the song we used to sing in the 90s? The song says, “God said it, I believed it, that settled it.” That is the Abraham kind of faith which I called,” Believing is Seeing.” You believe it then you see it. This is the kind of faith that works. This is the kind of faith known in the family of God. When God told Abraham that he would become the father of many nations, his body was dead so also was Sarah’s womb. However, he believed God and he received the fulfilment of the promise.

“And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.  And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.” Matthew 14:28-29
 “Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the Lord; Thus saith the Lord, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria. Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.” 2 kings 7:1-2

As a believer, in whatever situation you find yourself, all you need is a word from the Lord. If you don’t have a word, stay in His presence until you get one. When you do, just believe and move on. If you believe the word, you have the faith that can never fail and that will always deliver the result. Peter heard Jesus, believed the word and walked on water.  You too can walk on water if you hear God and believe Him. When Elisha spoke about a radical change in the situation in Samaria, the king’s adviser doubted and expressed his doubt. He saw it happen, but died there.

May you hear God and believe Him every day of your life.

Prayer for today: Oh God let your word come to me in this situation in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: