Monday, March 23, 2020

Fear not, only believe!


“While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue's house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further?  As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.” Mark 5:35-36


It does not matter what you have heard or seen, God asked me to tell you to fear not. Fear has the capacity to paralyze, kill and destroy. Fear comes by hearing as faith comes by hearing. Jesus knew this when he heard what was said to Jairus. He knew that the fact that Jairus had been told that his daughter was dead would bring fear and torment into his life. He told him not to afraid but only believe.

“And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.  And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.”2 kings 6:16-17
“And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.” Numbers 13:30

The question is what are you going to believe? For Jairus, he only needed to believe that his daughter was not dead, despite what he has been told and that the people were not lying. When Jesus got to his house, he said that the girl was not dead but sleeping. Was He lying? No. He was seeing what the physical eyes could not see. Just like the servant Elijah saw what his physical eyes could not see and his fear disappeared. Beloved, I challenge you to believe God to protect and heal you in such a time like this. Read Psalm 91.

I declare that no evil shall befall you in Jesus name.
Prayer for today: Oh God, let your Spirit move all over the earth and let every source of fear be terminated in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: