Thursday, March 5, 2020

Our greatest enemies 2


“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Acts 1:8


Our second greatest enemy is powerlessness.  You cannot operate in this word as if you are powerless. The truth is that you are not powerless as a Christian. John 1:12 says, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” Also, Paul wrote in Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” Your redemption could not have been possible without power. So also Christian living is not possible without the power of the Holy Spirit.

 “For the [a]message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” 1 Cor 1:18
 “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19

The disciples were concerned about when the kingdom shall be restored to Israel. However, Jesus told them not to worry about that, but they should go for power. This power comes with the  Holy Spirit who lives in you. If you believe this, you cannot walk in powerlessness. Activate the power in you through regular fellowship with God and exercise your authority over all the power of the enemy. Use the weapon of prayer and fasting to remove whatever that is preventing you from operating in the power that is within you.

May you have a testimony of victory in every area of your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, fill me afresh with the Holy Ghost and power in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: