Friday, March 6, 2020

Our greatest enemies 3


“He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.” Proverbs 25:29


The last greatest enemy I will like to share with you is indiscipline.  Every one of us needs the grace to do what was supposed to be done at the time that it should be done. More importantly, we need the grace to say no to what is convenient or we are enjoying but can destroy us if we continue to do it.

 “And it came to pass afterward, that he loved a woman in the valley of Sorek, whose name was Delilah.” Judges 16
 “Neither give place to the devil.” Ephesians 4:27

Samson loved women to the extent that he always lost control whenever he saw women. This provided room for the enemy to destroy him despite the fact that he carried the power of God. In a similar story, the problem of David started when he stayed at home when he was supposed to go to war. 2 Samuel 11 says, “And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab…..” The point is that you must not allow your flesh to control you; you must be in charge through the power of the Spirit if you don’t want the enemy to destroy you. Apart from this, we need to discipline ourselves to make use and apply the truth we have received so that it can profit our lives.
May you receive grace to discipline yourself in every area of your life in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me grace to stop the habits that can destroy me and to take up habits that will lift me in Jesus name.
Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: