Monday, January 4, 2021

What to do next 4

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19

The next thing you are going to do is to walk in the power of God afresh and continually. Beloved, you cannot afford to be powerless. There has been no time on earth like this time when there are so many serpents and scorpions. Devil’s agents are around us and more wicked. Apart from this, many people are in trouble that only the power of God can solve.  The good news is that Jesus has given us power through the Holy Spirit.

“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Mark 16:17-18

“And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand…... And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm. Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god” Acts 28:3-6

Beloved, the question is where is the power as of old? The serpent that the native of Melita knew always kill instantly could not kill Paul. Yet people are living in fear of corona virus including Christians. I think we should depart from iniquity, fast regularly, spend quality time daily with God in prayer and the word, and live in obedience to God, if we want to walk in power. There is no better time to show the world that power belongs to our God. May God anoint us afresh with the Holy Ghost and power in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, anoint me with the Holy Spirit and power in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: