Saturday, January 23, 2021

Don’t be distracted

“And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.” 2 kings 2:10

This year can be the best year you have ever seen if you can handle distractions. Define clearly what you want to achieve this year, identify what you must do to achieve it (them), and do it. It does not matter how hard your desire seems to be if you can focus on the necessary actions you will achieve it. Elisha was told that what he wanted was hard to get but if he could see Elijah when he was been taken away, he would have it. Despite all the noise around him, including that of the sons of the prophet, Elisha focused and got what he wanted. I want to particularly tell you this morning that you should not be distracted by the noise of the pandemics, go for your goals in Jesus name.

“And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.” Luke 19:3-4

“And as the king passed by, he cried unto the king: and he said, Thy servant went out into the midst of the battle; and, behold, a man turned aside, and brought a man unto me, and said, Keep this man: if by any means he be missing, then shall thy life be for his life, or else thou shalt pay a talent of silver. And as thy servant was busy here and there, he was gone. And the king of Israel said unto him, So shall thy judgment be; thyself hast decided it.” 1 Kings 20:39-40

The pandemics cannot stop you, in fact, nothing can stop you without your permission. Whatever that wants to distract you is a noise that you must deal with. Deal with your limitations, engage God all the way, get all the information you need, focus on your goal, and take timely actions. If it is in your heart, it can be done.  Zacchaeus focused on seeing Jesus despite all his limitations, he did not only see Jesus, he got Him into his house. May you get the best results and blessings out of this year in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to handle all distractions and focus on what you have laid in my heart to do in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: