Friday, January 22, 2021

Ministry of the Spirit 5

“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” 2 Corinthians 3:6

The ministry of the Spirit gives life to the letter. Without the Spirit, the letter of the written word can kill!! Have you met anyone with the knowledge of the Bible without the Spirit? They misinterpret the scriptures to their own damnation. Check the Pharisees and the Sadducees in the bible. I once preached to an occult man who was quoting the scriptures to me. He even quoted from the book of Jasher. However, the written word has the same power as the spoken word when the ministry of the Spirit takes it over. The written word will change your life if taken over by the ministry of the Spirit.

“Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces” Jeremaih 23:29

“And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:  And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.,” Isaiah 29:11-12

Beloved, your access to the mysteries of God’s word does not depend on whether you are learned or not. It depends on your sensitivity and reception to the ministry of the Spirit. The Ethiopian eunuch could not understand the scriptures. He needed someone to explain the scripture to him. Fortunately for Him, the Holy Spirit brought Phillip to him. His life changed and he became a child of God (Acts 8:26-39). May you have access to the mysteries of the scriptures through the Holy Spirit in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let the letter of the written Word change my life by Your Spirit in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: