Saturday, June 29, 2019

The fruit of repentance


 “Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance.” Matthew 3:8

Whenever there is a change of heart, there will also be a change of fruit. The greatest miracle of salvation is a change of heart: all the bad things I used to do, I do them no more. It is possible for someone to receive other miracles and not receive a miracle of salvation. I learnt that early in my ministry when a lame man walked but did not give his heart to Jesus. When Jesus comes into someone’s heart there will be a definite change of life.

“And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.  And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.” Luke 19:8-9
“And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.” 1 Timothy 1:12-13

Beloved, if you are a Christian, where is the fruit of your salvation? You cannot be born again and your life remain the same. The evidence of your Christianity is the fruit of your repentance.

May the fruit of Christianity be evident in your life.

Prayer for today: Oh Lord, let my life produce fruits that will glorify you in Jesus name.


No comments: