Friday, June 14, 2019

Walking in God’s power 1


 “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.” Luke 10:19-20

In the next few days, I will be sharing with you on walking in God’s power. It is important first to emphasize that the most important power is the salvation power. It is possible for a person to demonstrate power on earth and still go to hell. It is possible for a person to experience a miracle and still not be saved. Jesus told the disciples that they should rejoice that their names are written in heaven. It is important for you and me to continue to walk in obedience.

“Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Mathew 7:22-23
 “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” Philippians 2:12

However, it is equally important for you and me to demonstrate and walk in the power that God has given to us through our redemption. I have seen God demonstrated His power to heal, deliver and to do miracles before my ordination into the ministry and since then. Two times, I have seen the dead brought back to life. I have seen twisted legs restored. I have seen someone who was about to be operated healed by the power of God. I have seen someone deaf in one of the ears got her hearing back after forty years. I have come to this conclusion; the devil can only operate within the limits that a Christian has given him. Our text says, you have been given power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy.

May you walk in the power of God in the name of Jesus Christ.

Prayer for today: Let the fire of the Holy Ghost fall on me in Jesus name.

No comments: