Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Walking in God’s power 6


“Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” Mathew 17:21

How do you boost your believing in order to walk in the spirit of faith so that you can experience the power of God? One way is to engage fasting with your prayer. Our text this morning is one of the words of our Lord Jesus Christ. His disciple could not help a young boy who was lunatic. Jesus told them they could not cast the demon out because of unbelief. Moreover, He added that this kind required prayer and fasting. The implication is that you can boost your believing by prayer and fasting.

“Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.” Esther 4:16

Make fasting part of your regular exercise if you want to walk in the supernatural. When you add fasting to your prayer, it becomes easy for you to believe for the supernatural. One of the stories that encouraged me in this area was the story of Late Lester Sumrall dealing with a demonic case in Manila. The issue was a national one because some demons were biting a girl and no one could help her. He fasted and was able to help the girl. That was the beginning of his breakthrough in ministry in Philippines.

May you walk in the supernatural in the Jesus name.

Prayer for today: I receive grace for fasting and prayer in Jesus name.

No comments: