Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Understanding Our Divine Adoption

 “Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.” Ephesians 1:5.

God has adopted you and me into His family. Isn’t that wonderful? This is affirmed throughout the New Testament, and it is central to our Christian faith. Our belief in Christ Jesus grants us this new identity. We are heirs of the kingdom; we are joint heirs with Jesus Christ. If you can look beyond what you are passing through and your thinking changes to the reality that you are a child of God, you can never remain the same again. Understanding our adoption into God's family transforms our perspective and our lives. Embrace this identity, knowing you are a beloved child of God, destined for a glorious inheritance.

“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” John 1:12.

As adopted children, we are called to live differently. You should not and cannot be swallowed by the same thing that swallows others who are not His children. There are many promises that go along with being a child of God. Believe them, declare them, and walk in them. It is high time we manifested as children of God.

May the glory of God be revealed through you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh god help me to demonstrate my sonship to You daily, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: