Thursday, May 30, 2024

The greatest honour

 “Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.” 1 Samuel 2:30.

The greatest honor on earth is for God to honor a man and his word. God says that if you honor Him, He will honor you. If you know how to honor God and do so, God will honor you. Honor the Lord with your heart, with your body, and with your substance. To honor God with your heart is to obey Him in all things and to prioritize your fellowship with Him. To honor God with your body is to keep your body holy. To honor God with your substance is to support God’s work with your substance.

“If ye love me, keep my commandments.” John 14:15.

“Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.” Proverbs 3:9-10.

If you walk in God’s honor, you will not need to worry about anything on earth. There are several benefits of God’s honor in the life of a man. These include divine favor and blessings, answered prayers, protection and deliverance, guidance and wisdom, peace and stability, fruitfulness and success, divine strength, honor among people, joy and fulfillment, and eternal life. A decision to honor God is the best decision you can make for yourself.

May you not dishonor God, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, honor me with Your presence in my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: