Monday, May 20, 2024

Invoking God’s mercy

 “It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23.

God’s mercy was bestowed on us through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, who took our place of sin so that we might take His place of righteousness. It is by God’s mercy that we are not consumed. Mercy cannot fail, even when other instruments fail. You cannot ask for God’s mercy and be wrong. Mercy reigns supreme over judgment; in other words, when mercy appears, even judgment is silenced. Bartimaeus asked for mercy, and he was not disappointed. Jesus said, you must be full of mercy if you desire to obtain mercy. Whenever it is in your capacity to show mercy, do not hold back.

“And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.” Mark 10:47

“Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.” Matthew 5:7.

If you are reading this message and you have not invited Jesus into your life, do not be too proud to receive the mercy of God. If you are a Christian and you are going through a situation that is so difficult, ask for God’s mercy. The mercy of God is His prerogative (Romans 9:15), but He will never withhold mercy from His children (Luke 11:13).

May the mercy of God always speak for you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, have mercy on me, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: