Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Only believe! 4

 “As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken he said unto the ruler of the synagogue, BE NOT AFRAID, ONLY BELIEVE” Mark 5:36

Is there any situation that is causing you to be afraid? Have you heard any news that is bringing fear to you? Jesus says to you, only believe. “Only believe” is a very powerful instrument to kill fear. It does not matter what you have heard or seen. Jesus is saying to you, only believe. Fear has the capacity to paralyze, kill, and destroy. Fear comes from hearing, just as faith comes from hearing. Jesus knew this when he heard what was said to Jairus. He knew that the fact that Jairus had been told that his daughter was dead would bring fear and torment into his life. He told him not to be afraid but only to believe.

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17KJV

“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4 KJV

The question is, What are you going to believe? Jairus only needed to believe that his daughter was not dead, despite what he had been told and that the people were not lying. When Jesus got to his house, he said that the girl was not dead but sleeping. Was he lying? No. He was seeing what the physical eyes could not see. I ask God to open the eyes of your spirit. Beloved, I challenge you to believe God and doubt the enemy.

Unbelief be gone, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I destroy the root of fear and unbelief in my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: