Thursday, May 23, 2024

Living as children of God

 “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24–25.

Being part of God's family is more than a title; it's a way of life. This involves building a community of believers, spiritual disciplines, and alignment with God's will. It also involves engaging with a faith community to strengthen your identity and support your spiritual growth. As a child of God, be active in a living church. Prayer, Bible study, and worship are vital for your spiritual discipline. You must be transformed by renewing your mind and aligning your thoughts and actions with God's will. This will help you live out your divine sonship effectively.

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” Colossians 3:16

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2.

The story of Ruth and Naomi in the Book of Ruth is a perfect illustration of what I am talking about. Ruth's loyalty to Naomi and her decision to adopt Naomi's people and God as her own (Ruth 1:16) show a practical living out of faith and a new family identity. Ruth's actions demonstrate commitment to community and alignment with God's will, ultimately leading to her being part of the lineage of David and Jesus.

May you be committed to God’s will for your life, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God help me to demonstrate my sonship to You daily, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: