Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Is it Scriptural to Ask God for Faith

“Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.” Mark 9:23-24.

Yesterday, the prayer I wrote on the word from the Lord was, "Oh God, give me a measure of faith for my destiny, in Jesus’ name." This is because it is scriptural to ask God for faith. Faith is both a fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22) and a gift of the spirit (1 Corinthians 12:9). You cannot receive faith from God and not walk like Him on earth. This faith also positions you to receive other things from God. In our text, a distressed father, seeking healing for his son, cries out, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" His prayer is a candid admission of his struggle with doubt, yet it invites Jesus to intervene and bolster his faith. You can ask God for faith when unbelief is holding you down, but you need a miracle desperately.

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.” Hebrews 11:6.

“And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.” Luke 17:5.

I believe that our true need to solve all problems is faith, hope, and love. My emphasis is on faith today. There is no way you can remain sick if you have faith to be healed. There is no way you can remain poor if you have faith in to be rich. There is no way you can fail if you have the faith to succeed. The right prayer for someone may be, Oh God, increase my faith like the disciples ask the Lord. God gives faith, and He also increases faith.

May doubt not have a foothold in your life, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, increase my faith, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.


No comments: