Wednesday, August 29, 2018

God has a vision for you


“I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.  And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.” Habakkuk 2:1-2

What vision are you running with? Is it a vision borrowed from a friend or a vision given to you by your parents? Some are even running with a vision to make money. While money is good, it is a reward of running with the right vision and not a vision itself. God asked me to tell you this morning that He has a vision for you. Ask Him for what He wants you to do with your life. If you get a vision, run with it.

In Acts of Apostles, Paul was running with a vision given to him by the Pharisees and Religious Leaders of his days. He was killing Christians until God arrested him and gave him a vision. In his testimony to Agrippa in Acts 26:19, “Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:” As a result of this encounter about 14 books in new testament were written and may parts of the world were reached with the Gospel. At the end of his journey, he wrote in 2 Timothy 4:7-8, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”

The brothers of Joseph were busy plotting his death when he was busy receiving a vision from God. In their envious state they helped him fulfill his vision. A vision from God will make you indestructible and bring you fulfilment in life if you receive one and run with it.

May God give you a vision from heaven in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God show me what you want me to do with my life in Jesus name.

No comments: