Sunday, August 26, 2018

Four breakthrough Christian experiences 2


“And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.  And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.” Revelation 5:4-5

The second breakthrough Christian experience is access into the mystery of God’s word. You must have unhindered access into the understanding and application of the word of God, and be sure of it to be a breakthrough Christian. Christian life becomes difficult when the book is sealed and the word is inaccessible. The bible speaks, you must be able to hear it, speak it and do it otherwise you will not be different from people who are not Christians (Joshua 1:8).

“And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.” Acts 8:30-31

Some Christians read the bible but because they don’t have this access, it does not benefit them. Such people must ask God to grant them access. Jesus has removed the seal and opened the book. Some Christians don’t even read the bible at all.

“The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.” Psalm 119:30

“Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:9-11

“Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.” Psalms 119:18

May you hear when God speaks; May His light be on your path; May you have passion for His word and understanding when you read the bible in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: O God grant me access into the mysteries of your word in Jesus name.

No comments: