Sunday, July 14, 2019

Your unbelief can be helped


““‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.” Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”” Mark 9:23-24 (NIV)

When you are confronted by a situation that looks so difficult to the extent that you find it difficult to believe for a solution, you can ask the Lord to help you overcome your unbelief. Turning to God in a difficult situation is an indication of believing even if you feel doubtful within you. In that case, God can by-pass your doubt and give you a divine intervention.

“Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.” Esther 4:16
“The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me. Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.” John 5:7-8

The man in our text was helped by Jesus despite the fact he was doubtful because of the severity of his son’s problem and because it had been for a long time. When Esther told the people to pray and fast, she was still talking of perishing. This means she was doubtful but God helped her. The lame man at the pool of Bethesda did not see help coming from Jesus yet he was helped. You shall be helped in Jesus name. Never fail to call on God no matter the severity of the situation.

Prayer for today: Oh Lord, I believe, help me to overcome my unbelief in Jesus name.

No comments: