Saturday, May 4, 2019

Watch and pray


“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41

Prayer based on observation and revelation is needed to defeat the work of the enemy. You can pray, but never pray in ignorance if you want to defeat the work of unseen adversary. Physical watching leads to observation, while spiritual watching leads to revelation. You may not see all that is needed to see by physically watching alone (2 kings 6: 15-17).

If you are able to see what the enemy is doing or what he is about to do, you can pray effectively to deal with it.

“And one told David, saying, Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom. And David said, O LORD, I pray thee, turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness.” 2 Samuel 15:31
“And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.” 2 Chronicles 4:9-10

Sometimes, you may need to first pray that God should reveal the secret of your problem before you can deal with it effectively in prayers.

May your enemies be exposed, may you pray effectively in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, show me the secret behind of the problem of my life and the way out in Jesus name.

No comments: